Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas Cookies: Redux

As promised more Christmas Cookies!

Here are the Brown Sugar Spice cookies all dressed up as Christmas Trees. I did a few different decorations, but these turned out the best (though next time I will leave off the yellow and gold blob "star"). I love how with every cookie (or cake or pie) I make and decorate I get better at decorating and flavor combinations. Though I hate that after a batch is done and the lessons are learned I have to make another batch to see the results!

I used olive green royal icing and different sprinkles and sugars to decorate. As of now I do not use an outlining and a flooding consistency with my royal icing. I use a multi-purpose thickness that holds a shape enough to outline and is fluid enough to fill in as well, I read about this technique on www.sweetsugarbelle.com, this woman knows her cookies and calls this 20-second royal icing. This method speeds up the process and is allowing me to practice different decorating techniques. In time I plan to switch to the more traditional of outlining and flooding for most of my cookies.

It must also be said that some of my cookie recipes are based on Sweetsugarbelle's recipes as well. I often get lost on her site. :)

Without further ado Spiced Brown Sugar Christmas Tree Cookies







I also have some of the Lemon Cookies in the process of decorating. "Posed" pictures coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment